As the year winds down, it’s time to take a closer look at what everyone is reading, watching, or checking out over and over just to mess with our circulation numbers. The following includes the top circulating items over the past year, providing a useful glimpse into the minds of your fellow students and perhaps suggestions for how to spend all that free time you’ll have over the break.
Top 10 DVDs
These represent the top ten circulated DVDs of the year.
- Game of Thrones (all seasons)
- Finding Nemo
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Identity Thief
- Nausicaä of the valley of the wind
- Jurassic World
- Monsters, Inc.
Top 10 Fiction
These were the top circulated novels.
- Red Queen / Victoria Aveyard
- Breaking Dawn / Stephenie Meyer
- Fifty Shades Darker / E. L. James
- The First Time She Drowned / Kerry Kletter
- The Girl on the Train / Paula Hawkins
- Fifty Shades of Grey / E. L. James
- Positive / David Wellington
- The Goldfinch / Donna Tartt
- The Good Girl / Mary Kubica
- Winter / Marissa Meyer
Top 10 Non-Fiction
Here’s the top non-fiction that were checked-out this year (excluding material assigned by professors).
- What if? : Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions / Randall Munroe
- Yes Please / Amy Poehler
- #Girlboss / Sophia Amoruso
- Elon Musk : Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future / Ashlee Vance
- How to Be a Person : The Stranger’s Guide to College, Sex, Intoxicants, Tacos, and Life Itself
- Out of the Cage : Women’s Experiences in Two World Wars / Gail Braybon
- Problems in the History of Modern Africa / Robert O. Collins
- The Drunkard’s Walk : How Randomness Rules Our Lives / Leonard Mlodinow
- The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace : a Brilliant Young Man Who Left Newark for the Ivy League / Jeff Hobbs
- The Witches : Salem, 1692
And finally….the number one circulated item of the year—with a whopping 271 check-outs—is:
Circulation Headphones #14.
We’re certainly excited it edged out Dry Erase Markers Set 5 and the calculators. But the year is not over—come by the circulation desk and give the calculators another chance to catch up. Reduced interim hours begin soon so check our schedule first.
Feel like we left something off the list? Wondering why everyone is watching cartoons? We do, too. Let’s chat about it at email@example.com. Have a fun and animated holiday and a happy new year!