“We value diversity, open-mindedness, and cross cultural engagement fostering learning, understanding, respect, and a sense of community among all people. We believe that adding a collegiate study away experience enhances education and enriches student growth.”
– NSE Mission
Have you considered spending a semester at another university? National Student Exchange (NSE) can help! NSE enables Arkansas Tech University students to attend one of 160 institutions throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Universities in urban settings, small liberal art colleges, as well as Spanish and French-speaking universities are among the many exchange options available to students.
What are the benefits?
- Spend time in a new and differing region
- Grow personally and gain independence
- Be immersed in diverse cultural settings
- Prepare yourself for graduate school
- Take courses that aren’t offered at your home campus
- Gain perspective on career paths
How do I apply?
- You must be enrolled as a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate at Arkansas Tech
- Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA prior to leaving
- Must be in good standing academically, personally, and financially
- Must have completed at least 24 hours prior to exchange
- Cannot have incomplete courses on transcript
Can I afford it?
Outgoing ATU students pay normal tuition and fees to ATU, but pay room and meals at the host campus, along with any other special academic fees or general services not covered under the host school tuition and fees.
Since you will be paying tuition to ATU, the financial aid and scholarships you receive may still apply.
Some institutions will assess a NSE program fee while some institutions require an application fee given to the host university.
Make sure you know what additional fees are required when you are researching schools. You can find this information on a school’s profile page or on the NSE website.
What other campuses offer this program?
Here are some examples:
- University of Alabama
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Queens College, CUNY
- University of Puerto Rico, Bayamon
- Universite de Montreal
For more information, contact Gabriele Haulmark, Study Abroad Office, firstname.lastname@example.org